Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Stash Wk. 2

Well I've still been a busy bee with all the sewing. I have the top finished for my Plume quilt finished, but I can't show it to you, because I'm toying with the idea of publishing a pattern for it. I'm really proud of how it turned out, and think that it is a versatile pattern for many different fabric ranges.

That being said I did purchase 3.25 yards of Full Moon Forest (one lonely bolt left in the store) to add to my scrappy backing for the plume quilt (I needed nearly 6 yards total for the back. This is the print I used:
Since I can't show you my plume quilt yet, I thought I'd show you another quilt top I finished in the last week. Although I can't take complete credit for the design (I've seen many quilts along these lines), I did do all the piecing without directions. It is made from one Jelly Roll of 1974 by Urban Chiks for Moda, and a whole lot of Kona Coal.

I really love this quilt, and it ended up 67"x95"!!! Thats like a dorm twin! I think I will try some free motion quilting on this one, but not until I take Cindy's class next month. I feel like I'll need a support group for this puppy!

Well that about sums it up! I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Cristina

1 comment: