Monday, March 1, 2010

Let's start at the beginning


So here goes nothing....


This is the fourth blog I've ever started. I've been a blogger on multiple blog sites since I was 15 years old. I never really took them seriously, they were really just a public journal for me, but this time is different.


I've been a fan of quilter's blogs for quite some time now. I've been quilting since I was 8 years old, and I've decided it's time to give my input into the world of quilting. Hopefully I can learn some things as well as teach others.


I've named this blog "My Favorite Things" because that are what quilts are to me. They are color, design, accomplishment, comfort, and warmth all wrapped up into a one of a kind creation. They inspire me to be the person I want to be. They teach me patience, and perseverence. They allow me to share my talents and abilities with others. They are an expression of myself.


I would really love to share projects that I'm working on and also some of my own designs. I would really like to begin a community of quilting where we can all share our ideas. Also, I would love to make this a place for younger quilters to expand their talents in fiber arts. There has been some small resurgence of sewers and crafters in younger generations, but stereotypically quilting is only for our mothers and grandmothers. We love them and their work, but if we don't keep this art alive it will cease to exist. Lets keep this timeless artform going shall we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment