Thursday, December 6, 2012

In a bit of a conundrum.

I have stumbled into my first real difficulty as a blogger.  In the winter time, I am getting A TON of sewing and quilting done, but there is not enough daylight to get things photographed properly.  How do you all deal with this?  I work full time, and it is dark when I get to work, and when I leave work.  That leaves the weekends, but often I forget the camera, or I am too busy to schedule photo time.  Maybe I just need to make it a bigger priority.

Anyway, I am very nearly done with my mom's quilt and shams that I have been working on forever!  It will be nice to get these to her before Christmas, and since I will headed to Lansing soon I am hoping to get them on her bed without her noticing.  This will be a huge weight off my shoulders, and one more quilt finished on my intimidating WIP list!

I also started cutting fabric for another project that should move rather quickly.  It is nice to see fabric get used, and move out of the stash.

That being said, I DID buy a little bit of fabric this week.  Field's Fabrics has a great sale section with a lot of high quality designer prints for $5.97 a yard!  This week they had some Habitat by Jay McCarrol on sale, and at that price I couldn't leave it behind.  These are the prints I picked up!



If you don't know Jay McCarrol, he won the first season of "Project Runway".  According to his bio, he started quilting at a young age, well before he did any garment sewing.  Kinda like me!  I love this line of fabric, and I was super excited to find some.  I may go back next week and see if I missed any more of his prints.  Otherwise I'm sure these will get worked into a quilt in the near future.

This weekend is Quilt Camp here in Michigan, and I am SO JEALOUS of everyone that gets to go!  I wish I could've made it, but it didn't work into the schedule this year.  Have fun everyone!

Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment