Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Recent Fabric Favorites

There were some fun lines of fabric released at this past Quilt Market, but I personally didn't feel drawn to most of them.  Its not that they weren't great fabric collections, its just that they aren't something I would choose to use in my home.  However, there was one collection that I really loved, and the best part is that it's from a designer that I haven't sewn with before.























It is "Splendor 1920" by Bari J for Art Gallery Fabrics.  The colors remind me of an autumn sunset, and they are warm and invinting.  According to Bari J's website "Inspired by the high society of the 1920s in Europe, Splendor 1920 has a deliciously decadent feel with a modern mix of florals, lively nature-inspired prints, and art deco geometrics that will inspire quilters and sewers alike." 

The 1920s seem to be a reoccuring theme in current pop culture.  With shows like Downton Abbey, and The Great Gatsby, it's no wonder that print design is taking suit.  I am excited to see more art deco influences mix into modern design principles, and there is a pleasant mix of the geometric and ornate.

Sadly, I'm still not allowing myself to buy fabric.  However, if I can get some projects finished before Christmas, I MAY allow myself a splurge for the holiday season.  Here's to hoping right?

I am currently counting down to Thanksgiving, and I can hardly contain my excitement.  It is time for a much needed break.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe holiday filled with food, football, and LOTS of recharge time.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment