Sunday, June 30, 2019

Matching Quilts in the Etsy Shop!

I finally have a couple of new finishes to share!!!  I had been sitting on some scraps of Amy Butler charm fabric, and I had no idea what to do with them.  I created a wall hanging from these fabrics nearly 10 years ago, and had stashed the leftovers in the drawer and forgot about them.

Recently, I decided I need to start working through some of my scraps, and make pretty things from them.  These quilts are the first on that list.  It felt great to make even a small dent in my scrap stash.



The quilts are almost the same.  They have the same fabrics in them, both measure 51" square, and have the same backing fabric (by freespirit).  The only difference is the layout.  One of the quilts has prints on the outside edges, and the other has the border fabric on the outside.  That's it, the only difference.


Both were longarm quilted on my handi-quilter (by me), one quilted with swirls, and one quilted with flowers.  I used Quilters Dream batting in both, and I love the way this batting quilts up.  I have far fewer issues with this batting than some of the other popular brands out there.




These would be great quilts for little girls, especially if they share a room.  They are close enough to match, but you can still tell which quilt is which.

Of course, these quilts are also great summer couch quilts.  The batting in them is light, and they are the perfect size for your favorite couch or chair, or even an evening by the lake.




I really love how these turned out.  They are simple, but I didn't want to detract from the boldness of the fabric.  I love how modern they are.

Both are for sale in my Etsy Shop, and can be found here and here.  In all honesty, if I didn't already have a quilt made from these fabrics, at least one of these would be staying with me!

Thanks for visiting!  What scrap projects have you been working on lately?

Cristina
The Quilted Mitten

No comments:

Post a Comment