Sunday, January 3, 2016

Does Anyone Remember This One?

First of all, I hope everyone had a very happy holiday, and new year!  I took some time off from the blog to spend with friends and family, and get some much needed relaxation.  Even though it is a snowy winter wonderland outside, I still have quilts finished this fall to share.

This quilt has been waiting a long time to be finished.  So long in fact, that since this top was pieced, I have moved 4 times, graduated from college, and worked at 3 different jobs.  I finished this top around 6 years ago!!!  In fact this was one of the first quilts I shared here on my blog.  One of the photos in my blog header features this quilt top shortly after I pieced it.







































I absolutely love this quilt.  These were leftover strips of older Amy Butler Prints, and so it ended up being a "free quilt", made entirely from leftovers. The pattern is "picnic quilt" found on the Moda Bake Shop.
 This past October (I know I'm slow on my posts), I took it to a local lake to take some photos.  The colors had finally turned, and it was really starting to feel like fall.  It's crazy to think that now we are sitting under 10"+ of snow!
























I'm not sure its that easy to see in the photo, but I quilted this with a swirl/flower design.  It almost looks like a paisley, and I really like how the quilting complements the prints in this quilt.  This was one of the first I quilted on my new longarm, and it was really fun to try something different. 

This quilt is a good lap size, and is perfect for the back of the couch.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one yet, but I just love it!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!!!  Have a great week!

Cristina
The Quilted Mitten

3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I have wanted to make this pattern for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, love Amy Butler, must feel great to finally finish, congrats!

    ReplyDelete