Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Lesson in Persistence

Remember this quilt?  It's finally a top!

























I got this quilt "webbed" (see here for explanation) right before I packed up and moved to Charlevoix.  It got shoved in a closet, and I didn't get back to it until a few weeks ago.  Thankfully it wasn't a lot of work to get this top finished!

Next it will need quilting, and I think I will quilt this one myself on my home machine.  I am thinking that I will just echo the seam lines with my walking foot.  I have A LOT of tops that need to be sent to a long-arm quilter, so when I find one that I can do myself I get excited.











It was made with fabric from the first DS Quilts collection for JoAnn's.  I normally don't like to quilt with fabric from JoAnn's, but I LOVE Denise Schmidt, and the greige good was a better quality so I went for it.  Since this line came out DS Quilts has released quite a few collections, and they've all been beautiful.

This week I have been enjoying the *slightly* warmer temperatures (it's still under 70 degrees, ick), and I finally finished planting my flowers (photos to hopefully come soon).  I don't have a lot of outdoor space, but some small planters really made a difference.  I had some help from my mom this week rescuing the few flowers that I had planted too early (they suffered frost conditions a few times and looked horrible).  Now it almost feels like Spring! haha.

I am still making headway on my "Neptune Swoon" and I have a sewing date on Saturday with my friend Emily that should help me make quick work of the top!  Can't wait!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Cristina
The Quilted Mitten















5 comments:

  1. Your quilt top is perfect. I send all my big quilt tops to a long arm quilter. But it is great to do some of them yourself, if they are small enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really beautiful quilt! What is the name of the block you've used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely. Have fun on your sewing date : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! Looks great with the DS fabrics!
    I just finished a Road to Tennessee yesterday and echoed just the horizontal seams, going up, then down the white squares. The effect on the back is awesome and it was easy, peasy on my home machine!

    ReplyDelete