Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shadowbox in the Shadows.

A week or so ago, I finished this quilt top.  I used the pattern "Shadowbox" pattern by Mountainpeek Creations.  To be honest, I did not enjoy piecing this quilt.  It's super quick and easy, but the directions are often vague, and there is A LOT of fabric waste.  I had a lot of fabric to cut into scrap strips after finishing this one, and normally I would much prefer having very little left over.

This past weekend I was in Lansing to babysit our family parrot, and I decided to take this to the park to get some photos taken.  It was kinda gloomy out, but the overcast light was perfect for taking pictures.

 The fabric that I used in this quilt is mostly "Garden Party" by Anna Maria Horner.  I had been hoarding this fabric for quite some time, and it was about time that it got pulled off the shelf.  I had the "shadow" fabric and background in my stash, so I didn't have to buy any fabric to complete this project!  Score!  The rose print in the picture above is my favorite from this line.



 I had a super fun sewing day with my friend this weekend, and I have some other fun projects in the works.  I am still waiting for a special project to come back from the quilter, and so I'm hoping to have some things to reveal soon!

With hurricane Sandy bringing freezing rain to my area, I am looking forward to a week snuggling in the indoors and getting some quilt projects sorted out.  It feels great being so productive!

Happy Tuesday!

Cristina
The Quilted Mitten

No comments:

Post a Comment