Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Picnic With Fiona on WIP Wednesday

I finally have a finish to share with you!  This quilt was a long time WIP that I finally got back from the quilter and got the binding on!

This fabric is "Fiona" by Anna Griffith, and I found it at the cutest little shop in Battle Creek called Sew Unique Threads.  They had a couple 5" design rolls on display, and I couldn't pass one up!  I had no idea what I was going to do with the fabric, but it was calling to me (I'm sure we all know how that goes).  Anyway, it sat in my stash for a long time because I didn't know what to do with 5" strips.  Eventually it hit me that if I cut the strips in half (length-wise) that I would essentially have a jelly roll.  Eureka!


The pattern I used is "Picnic" from the book Scrap Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett.  It was super fun to make, and almost worked like instant gratification.  This top waited a long time to get finished due to a lot life changes getting in the way.  Finally I found a shop in Okemos, MI that has amazing quilting prices (Cutom Quilts).  They had a long turn around time, but you can't beat the price!



I finally bound this quilt a few weekends ago when I was in Charlevoix, MI.  These pictures were taken right outside our family condo downtown, isn't it beautiful!  It is truly one of my favorite places on Earth.  I am excited because I will be able to make another trip in the very near future!!! :)



Because I was so happy with the quilting, I decided to charge them with the quilting for a very special quilt that will hopefully be revealed soon! :)


Cheers!

Cristina

8 comments:

  1. I got that book just because I want to make that quilt! Yours is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and colors...congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great colors, and what a great idea to cut the strips in half.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt! I have the book, just need to do it ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun to make! I love these books because they're great stash buster quilts, and they're enjoyable from start to finish!

      Delete