Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm a lazy blogger....I'm sorry

K, so I know it's been 2 MONTHS!!! Sorry guys.

Anyway there are a few reasons for being so delinquent. First of all I still don't know where my camera is, and I feel bad posting with no pictures. Secondly I STILL don't have that patches and pinwheels top completely finished. I'm getting close though. Today I plan to finish the borders and then hopefully I can get it quilted in the near future.

Which brings me to my thought of the day. How do you feel about hiring someone else to quilt your tops? It bothers me a little bit. They always turn out beautiful, but then I never feel as if I made the quilt myself. I know that eventually I will buy my own long-arm machine, but as of yet I neither have the money or the space to do so. So that begs the question, should I put my current money towards a long arm machine, or towards having a top quilted? I don't know. What are your thoughts?

Anyway, I'll steal Dave's camera for a picture of the top when it's finished. Sorry for no pretties today.

Cristina

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand about not posting. I couldn't find my USB cord for the longest time. Of course I found it in the last place I thought it would be.

    I hand quilt. Tried machine quilting, but it frustrates me. I have thought about sending my tops out to a quilter. I would think it would be better in the short run. Maybe you could save for the long arm and look into a quilt shop. I have three near me that teach you to use the long arm and then rent them for $20 an hour.

    Hope that helps.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete